Fractionated Coconut Oil: What are the benefits?
What is Fractionated Coconut Oil?
Fractionated coconut oil is, as the name suggests, Coconut oil with specific components removed. In the non-chemical fractionating process, the components of whole coconut oil that cause it to be solid at room temperature and be susceptible to oxidation are removed. The resulting substance is liquid at room temperature and very stable.
Fractionated Coconut Oil provides a number of advantages over whole coconut oil, primarily increased shelf-life. Unlike whole coconut oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil can withstand light and high heat without going rancid. It is also lighter, non-greasy, and has a greater cleansing effect on the skin, making it popular as a carrier for essential oils and as a base for a variety of skincare products.
- Longer shelf life
- Less greasy and has a lightweight texture
- Enhances absorption through dry skin
- Helps prevent sensitivity responses
Beauty & Personal Care
- Hair Conditioner. Apply to damp hair, then massage into your scalp and hair. Comb your hair to distribute the oil evenly. Put a shower cap on, tuck your hair inside, and leave the coconut oil on for at least 30 minutes. Shampoo your hair and rinse with warm water.
- Hair Shine. Put a few drops on the palm of your hand and apply it lightly throughout your hair.
- Makeup Remover. Apply a few drops on a cotton ball, Q-tip, or facial pad.
- Foot Care. Mix with Lavender essential oil and massage into your heels and feet.
- Skin Softener. Add to a warm bath alone or with essential oil, or use as an after-shower moisturizer.
- Nail Care. Apply to dry cuticles or before a manicure.
- Massage Therapy. Use it in aromatherapy massages and the AromaTouch® Technique.
- Essential Oil Uses. Dilute the essential oil in the topical application on young or sensitive skin.
Inside the Home
- Leather Conditioner. Apply on a clean cloth and rub it onto leather furniture for a new and clean look.
- Wood Furniture Polish.
- 20–25 drops Lemon essential oil
- ⅓ cup dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
- ½ cup distilled water
- 8-ounce glass container
- Combine all ingredients in a container and apply a small amount on a microfiber cloth to dust or polish wood surface.
- Paint Brush Cleaner. Combine with Lemon essential oil and soak your paintbrush to remove oil-based paint.
- Makeup Brush Cleaner. Combine with Melaleuca or Lemon essential oils to clean makeup brushes.
- Plant Revitalizer. Use to add shine to your artificial or real plant leaves.
- Car Dashboard Cleaner. Use a rag to give your car’s dashboard an instant shine.
- Crayon Remover. Rub it on the crayon marks, let it soak for 10 minutes, then clean with a cloth.